Become a Chamber Ambassador
Many members and non-members alike choose to initially get involved or get more involved by volunteering their time and skills. Becoming an ambassador provides an opportunity to do just that.
The Chamber is a largely volunteer-run organization, and volunteering is a great way to get more involved. Ambassador activities include, but are not limited to:
- Welcoming new members
- Facilitating network connections between Chamber professionals
- Executing the largest annual queer-focused professional networking event in the DC region
- Ensuring the smooth logistical operation of regular monthly and quarterly professional development and networking events, including virtual events
- Representing the Chamber at Pride and other community events
- Conducting and analyzing membership surveys for quality assurance
- Delivering a training on a topic in which you’re an expert, which also offers increased exposure to your business
- Providing specialized professional services, which can often be exchanged for in-kind membership and sponsorship benefits
Ambassadors represent everyone in the queer and allied community, and focus on making connections regardless of where you’ve come from. Becoming an ambassador is both a fulfilling opportunity to help people and a way to place yourself at the center of activity to stay aware of business and professional opportunities in the area. In addition, Ambassadors receive free attendance at events and are eligible for 50% off membership fees after 6 months of active volunteer work.
If you’re interested in becoming an ambassador, click on the link below to apply!